For the citizens of the Republic of Turkey traveling to TRNC:
- A valid passport or identity card is required.
For the citizens of the European Union:
- A valid EU passport or national identity card is required
For the third country nationals:
- A valid passport is required.
Visa regulations apply to crossings from South Cyprus.
NOTE: The nationals of the Syrian Arab Republic, the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Republic of Armenia are under obligation to apply in person to a TRNC Representative Office abroad to obtain a visa prior to traveling.
Regarding the visa applications:
It is recommended to make visa applications at least one month in advance of the intended travel date if possible. Visas for education purposes vary for each country but it may take 2-3 months or longer to process a visa application. It is recommended to have a passport valid for at least 6 months on the date of visa application.
Foreigners are required to have the following in their possessions at the port of entry to the TRNC:
- A valid passport
- £85 (Sterling Pounds) or equivalent per day the visitor intends to stay
- Round trip ticket
- Proof of confirmed hotel reservation
- For visiting family or friends, a letter of invitation which provides name, address, phone number and other contact information in full
- If traveling for higher education, an official acceptance letter from the university
- If traveling on a business trip, an official letter of invitation from a company in the TRNC
NOTE: TRNC Immigration Police Officer at the ports of entry is authorized to issue a maximum of 90 days to enter and stay if the responses to his/her questions are satisfactory. The visitors who intend to stay longer than the permitted period should apply before the visa expiry date to the Immigration Department of the Police Headquarters for an extension. Visitors who stay longer than the expiry date without an extension of stay will be given a notice of “visa penalty” fine at the port of departure. The fine will be paid by the visitor at the re-entry to the TRNC.